Gateway Dog Training™ is a locally owned company located in Dripping Springs, Texas. We were formed in 2003 to answer the need for a local provider of reliable reward-based dog training. Training that's easy and enjoyable for both human and dog. Gateway Dog Training™ specializes in educating owners about the principles of responsible dog ownership, working with children, working with dogs adopted from rescue organizations, and "home-style" boarding.
Our motto, "Well-behaved. Simple and fun." says it all. You can have a well-behaved dog, it's not hard, and there's no reason it can't be fun for all parties involved.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
Gateway Dog Training™ believes that service is the guiding principle in the management and training philosophy of the company. For that reason, the company's core values are innovation, quality, dedication to excellence, outstanding service for our human customers, respect, kindness and gentleness for our canine customers, and fun for all. These are values worthy of a business of this type, and we believe we should incorporate them as anchor points in every decision we make. Our core values provide us with a means of not only guiding but also evaluating our operations, our planning, and our vision for the future.
Code of Ethics
As a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), Gateway Dog Training™ pledges to provide honest professional services of the highest standards. We are dedicated to self-improvement and promise to stay abreast of advances in the dog training field so that cutting-edge training techniques are available to all of our clients. We will, to the best of our ability, perform services within the guidelines of the APDT's Code of Professional Conduct and Responsibility.
The APDT created the Code of Professional Conduct and Responsibility (the "Code") to set forth aspirations and guidelines for APDT members of all levels to provide outstanding service and pursue continuing education. It is the hope of the APDT that the Code will also provide owners of pet dogs with the confidence that APDT trainers are knowledgeable, caring and conscientious and will help them achieve their training goals through the use of dog-friendly training. As a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), we will strive to:
- Develop and apply training programs in line with the APDT's mission of advocating dog-friendly training.
- Assess our own knowledge, experience and qualifications and work within our professional limits.
- Continue professional development by reading relevant material; attending conferences, workshops and seminars; and pursuing other educational opportunities.
- Treat all dogs and clients with respect, taking into account their physical and psychological well-being and respecting clients' wishes regarding the training of their dogs.
- Refrain from representing dog training and behavioral information as scientific, unless the information is derived from legitimate research.
- Refrain from giving guarantees regarding the outcome of training, because there is no sure way to guarantee the cooperation and performance of all parties involved and because the knowledge of animal behavior is incomplete. This should not be confused with a desire to guarantee client satisfaction with professional services.
- Respect the privacy of our clients and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of professional services, unless otherwise agreed upon in advance. We will use discretion in revealing information regarding dogs displaying potentially dangerous behavior.
- Incorporate what it means to be a responsible dog owner into training programs.
- Be respectful of colleagues and other professionals and not falsely condemn the character of their professional acts.